viernes, 13 de agosto de 2010

St.Elisabeth's Square. Plaza De Santa Isabel.


One more shot of this place.
On the site of the convent of the Isabella-established in Murcia in 1443 - was demolished in 1835 to become the square opening in a garden. In 1889, at the initiative of Javier Fuentes y Ponte, a statue was erected to fame in the pedestal of bronze plaques collected the names of the most illustrious had Murcia. Today, after many reforms have sought to recapture the spirit of the nineteenth century plaza. (Source: Murcia.es)