viernes, 26 de febrero de 2021

La Molinera Chimney


 Built at the end of the 19th century, this fireplace was part of the La Molinera canning factory, which was in operation until the end of the 20th century.

A fireplace that easily exceeds 20 meters in height, rests on a quadrangular base and topped in its mouth by ornaments that were in fashion at the time.

This fireplace belonged to the canning factory that still bears the name "La Molinera" on the structure. Factory of great relevance for the economy of Murcia that, in 1897, Juan Esteve Canet brought the first canning factory to Murcia (Alcantarilla), with a revolutionary idea, then, for the preservation of food. And later, it was expanding at a regional level, such as that of the High Era, also dedicated to canning. 

It is located between Segura River, Ciudad de Almeria Avenue and Cartagena-Murcia dual-carriageway.