lunes, 22 de marzo de 2021

Ancient Watchtower


 This section of wall was inside the Convent of Verónicas (18th century). It is the only tower on the wall that remains today. The Arab wall of Murcia (Region of Murcia, Spain), is the old defensive structure of the city, built during the Andalusi period.

The wall remained in use until the end of the border character of the Kingdom of Murcia in 1488. It was built between 9th and 12th centuries.

This part of the ancient wall is located near Market of Veronicas and Almudi Palace at city of Murcia.

In the following post, a panoramic of that place.