jueves, 22 de enero de 2009

Inmaculate Conception


At the Santa Catalina Square, near the Las Flores Square, and in front of the Church of Santa Catalina, this monument is the figure of the Immaculate Conception.
It was inaugurated on December 8, 1954. In fact, December 8 is a national holiday in Spain and is celebrated on the day of the Immaculate Conception.
With the perspective with which I took the picture, you can see at the top of the building's sculpture The Union and The Phoenix (of which I wrote in another post).

3 comentarios:

tr3nta dijo...

Thanks for your kind words!!!... But I really needed some vacation.

I see there good weather in Murcia We're not so lucky in Madrid right know.

Kris McCracken dijo...

It looks like strolling weather!

Hilda dijo...

It is unusual for me to see a religious icon alone on a high pedestal. Lovely persepective.
_____
Please vote for the March theme, if you haven't yet. And please help spread the word too! :)