About Region of Murcia

Region of Murcia is located in the southeastern of Spain, between Andalusia (west), Castilia-La Mancha (North), Valencia (East) and Mediterranean Sea (South).
The city of Murcia is the capital of the Region. Other major cities are: Cartagena, Lorca, Caravaca de la Cruz, Jumilla, Yecla, Bullas, Mazarrón, Aguilas ...

Stats

“Frouida” By Cristobal Gabarron

This is one of the roundabouts in Murcia with one of the most impressive sculptures. Its name is Frouida, and it was created by the Murcian artist  Cristobal Gabarrón.
The first time I saw it, I really liked it because of its colors and its unique, unusual shape. Until now, I thought it looked like a crab, but after reading about it, I found out others thought it was a spaceship. Here is how the artist interprets it:
“With the size and name of a deity emerging from the waters, the sculpture serves as a link between the past and the future,' says Gabarrón, 'between legend and rapid progress. This manifests in the shape of a spaceship landing on the source of life to absorb its energy and light—a set of flashes, a puzzle that leads human beings back to their origins to tirelessly navigate, time and again, the distance between yesterday and tomorrow.”
Cristóbal Gabarrón
November 23, 2006
Materials: Fiberglass-reinforced resin. Dimensions: height (9m), size (30m).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi what a lovely colourful sculpture it reminds of my grandsons transformers.

Irish Molly
Blogaire said…
I have not yet seen this wonderful sculpture but the roundabout sculptures in Espana are always amazing, especially in the Murcia region.
Anonymous said…
That is the biggest shit i never seen before

Popular Posts